Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunday Will Be Too Late

Men need to pursue, women need to let men chase them. This is just the natural law of the mating dance. This has not changed with the times. I want to be treated as a prize to be won, a treasure to be discovered.

So I find a guy I want to have a relationship with and I’ve been careful not to pursue too much, but I think I have anyway somehow. There is such a fine line between showing interest and being “too available.” But I don’t think I have been too available either! I have only two days a week off from my kids and I haven’t always saved those days for him. Sometimes I go to the meditation center or go out with friends or meet with my study group. I don’t sit at home pining. When I do stay at home alone, it is by choice. I need down time alone too. Twice I have gotten sitters in order to spend time with him, but these were times he showed interest in seeing me and the feeling was mutual so I made the effort.

Not feeling like making effort anymore though since he isn’t. All I can conclude is that he just isn’t feeling it for me. That is not a problem. I wish he would just be honest with himself and come to that conclusion on his own.

I don’t want to be with a passive guy who waits for me to make the next move. I want to be with a guy who takes the lead and wants to chase me, someone who calls, texts and emails me a lot just to make sure I keep him in mind. I want to be with a guy who makes the effort to secure the next get together. Someone who has his own life and not completely obsessed with me, but really makes effort to get time with me and sometimes even goes out of his way to do so. I want a guy that is able to give me space, but not too much space. Too much space is a non-relationship, especially in the beginning when a foundation is being built.

A shy guy or a nice guy is going to have to come out of his shell a little bit if he wants to be with me. I need to know he is interested. Just start the chase, I'll let you win.

I just want someone to have fun with when I have some free time. It wouldn't be fair to myself to wait around for a guy who is ambivalent.

"Seven Days" was all she wrote
A kind of ultimatum note
She gave to me, she gave to me
When I thought the field had cleared
It seems another suitor appeared
To challenge me, woe is me
Though I hate to make a choice
My options are decreasing mostly rapidly
Well we'll see
I don't think she'd bluff this time
I really have to make her mine
It's plain to see
It's him or me

Monday, I could wait till Tuesday
If I make up my mind
Wednesday would be fine,
Thursday's on my mind
Friday'd give me time, Saturday could wait
But Sunday'd be too late

The fact that he's six feet ten
Might instill fear in other men
But not in me, The Mighty Flea
Ask if I am mouse or man
The mirror squeaked, away I ran
He'll murder me in time for his tea
Does it bother me at all
My rival is Neanderthal, it makes me think
Perhaps I need a drink
IQ is no problem here
We won't be playing Scrabble
for her hand I fear
I need that beer

Monday, I could wait till Tuesday
If I make up my mind
Wednesday would be fine,
Thursday's on my mind
Friday'd give me time, Saturday could wait
But Sunday'd be too late

Seven days will quickly go
The fact remains, I love her so
Seven days, so many ways
But I can't run away

-Sting

No comments:

Post a Comment